Chicago Summer is here! It is hot and fast, but I guess I wouldn’t have it any other way. I didn’t have many expectations for this year’s summer. I knew I had to take classes, which I have and will be continuing to do so, and I knew I had to save an extra amount of cash due to a possible strike at work. So, I kept myself grounded, but I’m maintaining my “yes man” mentality.
Here are some highlights thus far
- My first Sox game! I went with a few coworkers and it was a blast. Continuing with the theme, it was hot as hell too! My only gripe is not going around the ballpark to adventure. The baseball season is still in full swing so maybe next time.
- midnight bike ride with some good friends. Started around home and made our way down to the beach. It was approximately a 20 mile round trip. The weather was awesome at night time and once we hit the beach it was even better.
- Weddings! Even before the summer hit I’ve already been to two. I attended another two and I have 2-3 more on the calendar. (There goes the saving money idea, haha)
- passed my class in my first summer semester. I’m not happy about the B that I got in it, but the realization that I got rid of my math pre-req for the college of education. I also helped my 2 friends/coworkers who took the class with me. It feels good to be helpful and successful
- basketball. I’ve been practicing almost everyday. Just getting ready for Unity Games and even more important is taking care of my health. basketball is allowing me to maintain cardio. The wooden court is much more forgiving on my knees then pushing pavement. Hoop life, I hope to maintain it.
- band practice/performance. Been learning a lot of new songs with the band. Its fun and even cooler is my band mates push me to be better. I feel my voice has improved and gotten stronger. I also have been learning how to play the piano. Slow and steady though, haha
Still have a month and a few days of summer left. I get all of August off so I hope to enjoy it as much as I can.
A couple little things I would like to do.
-Random road trip or a weekend away somewhere.
- I miss yoga a lot so I hope to take a handful of classes sooner or later
- as always, continue to strengthen the relationships I already have and if the opportunity comes to meet some new people then so be it.