So, lots of new and great things have been happening, but along with the good also comes the bad so here’s just a list of positives and negatives that have been happening in my life.
These are in no particular order
* Back to college! It’s been 3 years since I’ve been away and I came back big. I’m attending a local university to tie up the loose ends. So, if I play all my cards right I should be finished in 3 years. Crossin’ my fingers
* I’ve met someone and she makes me SUPER happy. I hate to be sappy, but its true! From school, work, everyday events and my general outlook on life everything has been more positive. Probably because I have something, well more particular, someone to look forward to at the end of the day.
* I’m almost done paying for my vehicle!
* I hope this isn’t a sign of my age. I’m just going to blame pure laziness, but my household is now wifi enabled! haha, all my electronic devices are happier and more useful now.
* I have met lots of new people stepping into this new year. Some that will be good friends, some that might eventually become enemies, who knows? However, its nice to put a little extension on my social circle.
* Despite the blizzard on my birthday I was still able to have a great time. Hung out with my friends and instead of complaining about the crappy situation I just made the most out of it. If someone give you lemons, make some lemonade. So, went on a really fun sledding trip. Even cooler, no broken bones! knock on wood!
* not like I was an addict or anything, but I am completely free of substances. Not only have I been feeling better, but I’ve also been saving a ton of cash. Not saying that I’m straight edge, but I have finally found the self control I needed. No one is perfect, but i’ll try my best to moderate everything. That means food, drinks, clothes, work, play, exercise, spending and much more.
* Yoga is still playing a strong role in my life. Not as often as I like, but I’m still dedicated. I use it as a reset button during the week. I get to focus on myself completely, see growth physically, mentally and spiritually. I hope to be that dude doing yoga until he’s old and wrinkly, haha.
* not in immediate action, but my work may go on strike. Worst case scenario is not working/being paid for 2 weeks. I do have time to prepare for it though. Time to be frugal!
* Back on the topic of social circles. Work continues to add drama. Not to my life personally, but this time to the people I actually care about. Same people causing the same grief. Same people being victimized or targeted. Not necessarily bullying, but just a lack of growing up. My friend said it best, “just because you work in a high school doesn’t mean you have to act like you’re in high school”
* MUSIC! I’ve been slacking on my writing and composing! Music is what gets me through the day. Hopefully my work band practices will stir my urge to work on it again.
….ha, now that I think of it not too many negatives after all. I mean I know there are problems in my life, but I overlook them because they’re petty compared to all the good things I have going on and because I have so much to look forward to in the future. A better me…an upgrade I guess, haha. It’s going to take time, but I know I’ll achieve it.